Welcome to the Grace Abbott PTO Website! Your source for information about PTO news, events, and activities!
8/9/2013: New Abbott Locked Door Policy
As you probably have heard, we as a district and a school are making some significant changes to offer a more secure environment. Therefore, we are sharing some important changes to Abbott for the 2013-14 school year. Please read this information carefully and be aware, that these changes are effective immediately:
1. For the safety of our students and staff, all exterior doors are locked between 8:20 AM and 3:20 PM —including the front door to our school. This will begin on Monday, August 12. The front door will be open from 7:50 to 8:20 and 3:20-3:40.
2. Our doors will be monitored. Our guests should enter only through the front door. If you are coming to Abbott during the school day, it would be helpful to call the school in advance and let us know your plans (your name, student’s name, purpose for visit, etc.). You will be asked to show a photo ID.
3. If you are at the front door at Abbott and you are not greeted promptly, please call the main office at 402-715-2900. We appreciate your patience.
4. Our students will enter and exit the building through the front door.
5. The students will wait indoors each day. We have supervision available for students beginning at 8:00 AM; students should not be at school before 8:00 AM. This will start on the second day of school, Tuesday.
We are EXCITED to start the new year with you and look forward to working with you in our safe and caring environment!