|* Not Collected, totals the following week include any Box Tops turned in the previous week|
It’s Gator Walk-a-Thon time again at Abbott…
Friday, September 25th, 2015
Grace Abbott Gym
Click here for more information.
The Grace Abbott PTO will once again be participating in the HyVee Cash for Students program!
This year’s Cash for Students program begins Tuesday, September 1, and continues through Thursday, December 31, 2015, and includes all fifteen Omaha/Council Bluffs/Plattsmouth Hy-Vee stores.
Click here for more information.
Congratulations 1st Grade! Your class had the highest percentage of participation with 44% and have won an ice cream bar party.
The Buzz Book is an invaluable way to get phone and address information for the kids in your child’s class, to be used for play dates, birthday parties, get-together’s, etc. It also includes important dates and phone numbers for the school and PTO.
We will be using MySchoolAnywhere.com to host our online Buzz Book, but we NEED your help! All existing and new Abbott families need to confirm and update their own information so the most current information is published to the school families. Even if you do not plan on purchasing the Buzz Book, please confirm your information!
****All families need to complete the process of entering, updating or confirming their information BEFORE 9/15/2015 so the Buzz Book can be published quickly. ****
Click here for more information related to Buzz Books!
Last year Summer Baggies were sent home with each student in grades K-4th and parents of new Kindergartners during Kindergarten Roundup to be filled with Box Tops for Education, Coke Rewards and Labels for Education. Click here for more information on the Summer Baggie Competition.
With the money raised, we have been able to:
- Donate to the Millard Public Schools Technology Drive, providing iPad carts and iPads for our students to use in their classrooms
- Install a 2nd concrete slab/basketball court on the playground
- Purchase an amazing portable sound system (available for use for any school event)
- Remodeled the front entry area
- Grant scholarships to graduating Abbott alumni
- Pay for the crossing guard on 156th Street
- Granted $5,000 in educational grants to teachers and staff, which has gone or will go to:
- the creation of a science lab (to be used by all Abbott students)
- library books
- musical instruments
- classroom work station activities
- Shade trees for the playground (pending Millard approval)
- A hand-painted mural for the new science room (see below) (pending Millard approval)
- An ice maker for staff and PTO use (pending Millard approval)
Finally, each year, the PTO coordinates / hosts and supplements the cost of the:
- Gator Walk-a-thon
- Buzz Book
- School carnival
- Staff meals during conference times and teacher appreciation week
- Ice Cream Social
- Snowflake Breakfast
- Movie nights
- Cash Rewards Programs
- Trunk or Treat
- Grade level Fun Nights
- Classroom parties
- The fees and transportation to send all current fourth and fifth grade students to a Youth Frontiers retreat
- Last but not least, each year every Abbott teacher and staff member is given a gift of appreciation on their specific day of recognition
Online presales have concluded, but you can still pick up tickets at school. In-school presales will run Monday, April 20th through Friday, April 24th, before and after school in the lobby. At that time you can also take a look at the Jammin’ Jars that will be raffled off the night of the carnival as well as the Silent Auction items!
As a reminder to those that purchased their tickets online, tickets will be sent home with your student on Friday, April 24th. Check backpacks! There are no reimbursements for lost tickets! OR if you chose to pick up your tickets at the Carnival, they will be available at the’Will Call’ table.